Your Divorce Is Finalized: Understanding Post-Divorce Modifications

When you need to make changes to your post-divorce orders, it’s important to reach out to an attorney to ensure you take the appropriate steps and provide ample notice to your former spouse. At Spencer, Meyer & Koch, PLC, we help people throughout all stages of the divorce and post-divorce processes.

Making Changes To Your Divorce Decree? We Can Help.

Even if we did not represent you during your divorce, we can act as your advisers and representatives when making changes to your divorce documents. In most cases, we assist custodial and noncustodial parents looking to make modifications to a child custody or visitation agreement, including:

  • A child has matured and has expressed a desire to live with a specific parent
  • A custodial parent plans to relocate with the child
  • A noncustodial parent wishes to prevent the custodial parent from relocating
  • Removal of a child due to an unsafe environment or other factors

Regardless of the circumstances, our attorneys look to preserve and protect the well-being of children involved in a divorce or other types of family law disputes. All too often, minors are used as bargaining chips by divorced or feuding parents. As experienced criminal defense and family law lawyers, we know that the kids caught up in their parents’ troubles are the ones who suffer most. That is why we combine aggressive strategies and compassionate methods to resolve these and other delicate matters while defending the interests of our clients and their children.

As You Move Forward After Divorce, Ensure Your Divorce Decree Is Up-To-Date

When you have questions, reach out to us at our Fredericksburg, Virginia, law office by calling 540-372-4046, or take a moment to complete our online contact form.